Thursday, December 02, 2004

It is finished.

Well, mostly. It will be finished at about 3:30 when I go to turn in my final paper for Race and Ethnicity. That is, unless I want to do an optional essay for Social Theory, which I am certain I don't need for my grade, but would be something interesting to do, and might come in handy if somehow I did blow that last quiz on Monday.

Incidentally, the book lists for next semester are up!!
How exciting do these sound:
Ain't No Makin' It: Aspirations and Attainment in a Low-Income Neighborhood -- MacLeod
Social Inequality: Patterns and Processes -- Marger
Freedom Summer -- McAdam
Why we Lost the ERA -- Mansbridge
The American Dream and the Public Schools -- Hochschild
Code of the Street: Decency, Violence, and the Moral Life of the Inner City -- Anderson
Mama Might be Better Off Dead -- Abraham
Transformation of the Welfare State: The Silent Surrender of Public Responsibility -- Gilbert
Understanding Poverty -- Danzinger
When Work Disappears: The World of the New Urban Poor -- Wilson
Black Ice -- Cary
Hopeful Girls, Troubled Boys: Race, Gender, and Disparity in Urban Education -- Lopez
Learning Together: A History of Coeducation in American Public Schools -- Tyack
Separated by Sex: A Critical Look at Single Sex Education for Girls -- Morse
Born for Liberty -- Evans
Herland -- Gilman
Seneca Falls Inheritance -- Monfredo
Women's America: Refocusing the Past -- Kerber
Women's Magazines, 1940-1960: Gender Roles and the Popular Press -- Walker
Managing Like a Man: Women and Men in Corporate Government -- Wacjman
Women and Men in Management -- Powell
The Time Bind: When Work Becomes Home and Home Becomes Work -- Hochschild
Contemporary Asian American Experience --Fong
Strangers Among Us -- Suro

I am going to have the best semester ever. Yes, I know I say that every semester, but a quick glance over this book list merely confirms my suspicions: my semesters are all my best semesters, because they consistently get better and better!

No comments: