Monday, October 03, 2005

Move over chess people--

UTD, ever the nerdy school, can now boast, in addition to its number 1 ranked chess team, the third best debate team in the country.

Finishing ahead of UTD in the latest rankings were, in order of finish, Missouri State University and the University of Kansas. Rounding out the top 10 were the University of California – Berkeley, Wayne State University, the University of Michigan, the University of Iowa, Emporia State University, Miami University of Ohio and Dartmouth College.

I admit, I like going to a school where our top "sports" are chess and debate, even if I am myself am a pathetic slacker.

Of course, our football team is undefeated...

And, you know, nonexistant. (For now at least.)

But, seriously, congrats debaters! I only know a few of y'all, and even though you're weird, you make me proud(ish) to go to UTD.

No comments: