Sunday, December 17, 2006

A no-alarm kind of day.

Tomorrow will be exciting. I am about to go to bed. And I am not going to set an alarm clock. At all. On a typical day, I set three. One on the computer, one on my phone, and one actual alarm clock. On days when I don't need to be up early, I set the real alarm clock. On days I can sleep in, I usually set one alarm, and then usually end up turning it off. But tomorrow, I am not going to set an alarm at all. And see when I naturally wake up.

This is a bad call for a variety of reasons, the primary of which is that I am catching a 6am flight on Tuesday, and the logical thing to do would be to wake up early and establish a normal sleeping schedule so that on the morning that Sondra picks me up at 4 in the morning, I will have had some sleep the night before.

But all semester I've been fantasizing about the day that I can not set the alarm. Tomorrow is that day. I'll let you know when I wake up.

No comments: