Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Almost there!

It seemed as if this day would never come, but, indeed, it has. Constitutional Law is quite finished. As I suspected, the test came down to essays about cooperative and dual federalism and the various SC fluctuations over the years as well as a discussion about the development of the doctrine of economic substantive due process, which, interestingly, I found to be the most interesting part of this whole second half of the course.

There has to be some way to say that the concept of economic substantive due process is somehow weaker than regular ol' due process. I would much like it if there were some legal rationale to say, "yes, Congress, you CAN regulate that company, but you may NOT peek into peoples' bedrooms." Hmm. I'm sure such a way exists. But we didn't talk about it in class. No, we didn't talk about interesting things in that class. And there was alot of potential there. Alas.

Anyway, so I am finished with two classes, Research Methods and Con Law, and until the end of the semester have yet to complete a final in Individual and Society, a paper for Health and Illness (which I really forgot about until this moment. scary.), a quiz and (optional) essay for Social Theory, and the exciting paper for Race and Ethnicity.

I had vowed that as soon as I got out of that con law test I would immediatley begin work on the Race and Ethnicity paper (not so worried about the other stuff). But, I've come home to my apartment to find that my first order of business really ought to be to clean.

It continually amazes me how 1)clean my room gets when I have a paper to do, but 2)messy it gets when I have tests to study for. I guess with a paper, I can say, "I simply can't work in this mess!" and convince myself to clean away to keep myself from actually having to write. But, when I'm studying for tests (especially multiple ones), I throw papers everywhere, don't do laundry, have plates and cups and silverware everywhere from the past two days. It's quite gross really.

I can't write a paper in this environment.

Ack. There I go again.

But, seriously, I can't. If I had pictures, I'd show you, 'cause it's worse than it probably has been before--papers, notes, books, all strewn about.

But, as I write this I realize that I am only writing in order to keep from cleaning in order to keep from writing a paper. I am the Queen of Procrastination. Maybe I should put off the cleaning and make myself a crown. Yes, I think that's a good thing to do.


1 comment:

admin said...

Play now to game games free and truck loader