Friday, May 19, 2006

judging people

Dear guy in UPS truck outside UT-Southwestern today,

I am sorry that I made a weirded-out face when I walked by you and your parked brown truck. I heard the voice of Rush Limbaugh emanating from your radio, and thought bad things about you. Through my stare and facial expressions, I didn't mean to imply that you were stupid or a mindless "ditto-head" [term for a Limbaugh admirer]. In fact, I have no clue why you were listening. Perhaps you, like I do, find right wing talk radio (well, political talk radio in general) to be interesting, fascinating, and silly. I had no right to assme that you were a conservative. People assume I'm a conservative all the time too. I often wonder what people think whenever they get an earful of Sean Hannity in my radio. I hope they give me the benefit of the doubt, as I failed to do for you today.

Sorry!
Jennifer

No comments: