Friday, August 25, 2006

despite my wimpiness...

...I managed to lose 3-4 lbs. this week. Why 3-4 and not some exact number, you ask? Well, I have yet to buy a scale, so I'm relying on the one in the fitness room at my apartments, and it's a balance scale rather than a digital one, and I'm never sure I've got the measurement exactly right.

Anyway, this week I have been slacking off my working out. I stopped going at night because it would give me a wonderful adrenaline rush that simply wouldn't let me get to sleep. To fix this, I determined that I would start to go in the morning. However, not particularly being a morning person, my grand plans would be crushed every morning as I pressed the snooze button over and over again for an hour before actually getting up.

In addition, I've hardly been eating healthily. Between pizza (tonight) and chow mien with spring rolls (like 3 times this week) as well as way too many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (easier than cooking), I'm really pleasantly surprised at the loss.

Tonight, I decided to go ahead and work out (mostly out of guilt brought on by aforementioned pizza). It was wonderful. I always put off working out, and when I do I get such an endorphin high. Which, of course, means that I will not be getting to sleep soon. Which sucks, because I need to get up early and do work tomorrow!

No comments: