Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Note to all print and online journalists:

In future, please refrain from putting spoilers in your headlines,
PARTICULARLY WHEN THERE IS A LEAK ABOUT WHO IS GOING TO DIE IN BOOK 6.

Just think of the, umm, kids, who've been disappointed.

This is the THIRD Harry Potter book in a row that I have gone into aware of who would not end the book alive. None of these, by the way, by my own choosing. 1) Overzealous fan, describing plots to get me to read the books (I don't blame him. I'm very grateful). 2) Underzealous friend, who when I asked her to read aloud to me while driving (the book had just come out, I wasn't about to wait and not read), decided to be funny and skip to the end and read some, telling me exactly who died. And, 3) every single darn news source on the internet, mentioning that betting has increased exponentially on the death of a certain character and that all of these bets come from a town where the book is being printed (see, you CAN report the facts of a story without giving away the character!!).

1 comment:

andrewljohnson said...

I wish I was a wizard.

Andrew

The Darn News
www.darnnews.com