Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Protect the sanctity of his marriage!

Senator David Vitter (Republican-LA) has turned up on the DC Madam's phone records. Now, I obviously am not a fan of adultery. However, I wouldn't be terribly upset; it is, after all, his private life, and something he and his family need to deal with and work through. But, I do start to care when he is openly hypocritical.

According to his website, a statement on the Sanctity of Marriage: "This is a real outrage. The Hollywood left is redefining the most basic institution in human history, and our two U.S. Senators won’t do anything about it. We need a U.S. Senator who will stand up for Louisiana values, not Massachusetts’s values. I am the only Senate Candidate to coauthor the Federal Marriage Amendment; the only one fighting for its passage."

Yes, we need to keep the gays and lesbians from getting married. Obviously, two people of the same sex having the same legal rights and protections as he and his family threaten the sanctity of his marriage. At the very least, it's obviously worse than his adultery and prostitute patronage. Right?

2 comments:

Valerie H said...

yeah, so hypocracy, gay bashing...bad, sure. Whatever! This is the Harry Potter movie release day and I had to hear about it from a guy at work. Clearly your priorities are skewed. I hate to say it, but Jenn, I'm ashamed of you.

Love you!
Ema

Jennifer said...

EMA! Yes, I do clearly suck. However, have you seen the movie? It's pretty good. Most importantly, are you ready for the 7th book?

AND--are you coming to a release party with me?