Monday, November 20, 2006

I can't get to sleep.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm trying to sleep to Supreme Court oral argument audio. Right now I'm listening to Gonzales v. Planned Parenthood, one of the abortion cases argued earlier this month. I've come to a few conclusions:
  • late term abortion is really, really horrific. I support a ban (on that kind of abortion), though there must, must, must be exceptions for the mother's health. That is, of course, was the present case is about.
  • training in statistics should be mandatory in law school. It is really important for lawyers and judges to know what's going on with statistical significance, etc.
And, unrelated:
  • I just realized, while not sleeping, that I have no luggage, suitcase, or duffel bag with which to bring clothes home for Christmas.
  • I'm craving some la Madeleine, which does not exist in Tucson.

No comments: