Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I now remember why I don't do fiction...

... it's because it is a deep, dark black hole that I can't seem to find my way out of until the book is finished. I walk around reading it, I stay up until 3 in the morning finishing "one more chapter" that turns into four or five more.

I have lamented about this problem of mine before. I'm not sure what to do. The obvious solution is simply not to read fiction. And I generally do that very well. But what can I do when I am currently 120 pages into a 600 page book? This is several more days' worth of commitment. I can't just stop.

See, and it all links back to my unproductive holiday weekend, where I watched The Cider House Rules (the movie). So I had to go get the book. That was a dumb idea.

Anyway, one more chapter, and I'll post on the discussion boards for theory and work on my social psych paper...

1 comment:

Cheeky Prof said...

I am the exact same way with books. Mr. Cheeky teases me 'cause I'll stay up all hours of the night reading in bed. Hey, at least we read. ;-)