Thursday, February 02, 2006

Overheard at Quiznos

Because my room is unbearably messy, I decided that if I was going to get any work done, I would have to go out to do it. Starbucks, given my current attempt to stop both caffeine and excess calories, was out. I've been going to Subway too much, recently, as I discovered that the guy who's there every day knows exactly what I want (six-inch veggie on italian herb and cheese, american cheese, toasted, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, bananna peppers [the most vital ingredient], oregano, and a little ranch dressing). So, Quiznos it was.

As I was sitting there reading for Social Stratification, I couldn't help but overhear random conversations.

"When you're a vegetarian, you have to make sure to get enough protein. And your poop is different."

"Jennifer must be pissed. Like, how many years were she and Brad married? Angelina is a whore. And she adopted all those babies."

"I had the worst week ever. My grandmother had a stroke, my dog ran away, and a woman I looked up to my whole life called me and told me she was a lesbian. I mean, I can never trust her again, at least not in big things, things that have to do with the Lord."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Don't you just love logical people.
By the way, commenting on your blog is a bit of a hassle...clearly why it is such a rare occurrance.