Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I need to make a new cd.

(Actually, I need to be working on my thesis, but I'm taking a break for you, dear readers.)

I need to make a new "Waiting for grad school" cd. Some songs are now irrelevant while some have taken on new meanings. I am going to list the contents, but I want to be very clear that my listing them does not constitute and endorsement. I do not necessarily think these are good songs. You should not judge my musical taste from this selection here.

1) Waiting is the Hardest Part -- still relevant, though now I'm waiting more for info about funding. And UMass and Northwestern, of course.
2) There's a Fine, Fine Line (Avenue Q) -- well, this was about giving up if I got in nowhere. I clearly got in somewhere.
3) Anxiety (Get Nervous) -- clearly still relevant
4) Box Full of Letters -- decisions, decisions
5) In Your Letter -- applies to Indiana now ("in your letter, you said you didn't love me... but you could have said it better")
6) For Now (Avenue Q) -- a song about settling. If, say, I had to end up staying at UTD for MA.
7) Return to Sender -- totally what I'll do if Northwestern rejects me
8) Indiana Wants Me -- boo! hiss! This song must go, as Indiana clearly doesn't want me.
9) Texas (spongebob squarepants) -- bleh. ("wish I was back in Texas... the ocean's no place for a squirrel)
10) I Want You to Want Me -- Are you listening, Northwestern?
11) We Go Together -- still you, Northwestern!
12) California Dreams -- still applies, still waiting on UCSB about funding
13) Overnight Mail -- at this point, I'll take any type of mail. Esp. if it comes from Evanston, Il.
14) The Letter -- Northwestern?? ("give me a ticket for an aeroplane, ain't got time to take a fast train. lonely days are gone, I'm a goin' home. my baby just wrote me a letter.")
15) Tired of Waiting for You -- for everywhere, except, obviously, Arizona and UT-Austin
16) Say You'll be There (Spice Girls [don't judge me]) -- Originally a shout-out to UMass, my safety school but now a general plea. Please, Northwestern, say you'll be there!
17) I Can't Wait (Hillary Duff) -- rather self explanatory. please don't extrapolate from this one example to the rest of my musical taste.
18) Wishin' and Hopin' -- ("wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' prayin' and plannin' and dreamin' each night of his charms")
19) One Fine Day -- even if you don't take me now, Northwestern, one day you will want me!
20) The Sound of Settling -- again, I have options. No longer relevant.
21) Gotta Get Through This -- all the waiting. still relevant.
22) I Have Confidence (The Sound of Music) -- *sigh* sometimes this song is still necessary
23) Hey Mr. Postman -- is it pathetic that my day revolves around the checking of the mail?

No comments: