Thursday, April 19, 2007

the writing in the dust

So, several times in the past I have put sticky notes on cars with bumper stickers I either loved to death or vehemently disagreed with. I figured that if they get to use their right to send a message to me the viewer, it's only fair that I get to speak back.* Anyway, I've got an exciting bumper sticker in my window, and a few times people have stopped me in parking lots to tell me that they appreciated it. But no one has ever left me a message. But today, written in the dust of the desperately-in-need-of-a-cleaning car, was a reply to my sticker. My sticker says, "God is not a Republican... or a Democrat." And underneath it was written, "you must be a Democrat." I'm not**, but clearly this person didn't like the sticker. But I loved that they responded. A sticky note would've been ever better.


*"Several" might be an exaggeration. I've done this 2-3 times in my life.
**Though I am certainly not a Republican, either!! And before you go getting any ideas about me being some sort of a moderate, that's not true either. I'm an Independent, but not the kind John McCain wants to go after. I'm actually quite radical, politically.

No comments: